Just Keep Going

How blessed I am to be able to keep going, slogging through the good and the bad days. Living well is a privilege that is denied many people. I know this yet I find so much dread somedays. The to-do lists feel never ending and so tedious. And it never ends.

I am always in such a rush to get through the chores that I find I am racing through my days, staying numb to what I am actually doing in an effort to get it done. However, in my effort to just keep going,  I am rushing away the days and the moments in this effort to reach the finish line. 

But we have to keep going. We have to get it done. We have to finish the to do list. We have to do all of this if we want to collect paychecks, live in clean homes, have groceries to eat.

The answer to this situation has to be reward! There has to be a reward at the end of each day of hard work. Keeping going is much more motivating when there is a carrot dangling in front of us and giving us a reason to stop, pause and celebrate all of the ways that we push ourselves to stay in the race.

Just keep going, try to enjoy the process and treat yourself! 


Comments

Popular Posts