Evening Time

Evening time is my second favorite time of the day. Dark, quiet, slow mornings are my favorite but evenings are a close second.

I enjoy the time right after the last dinner dish is put away and the counter tops have been wiped down. The coffee pot is ready for the next day and the hot water is boiling for a cup of tea. The kitchen is mostly closed for business. It has been open and busy for three meals but now the lights are dim.

And then it's time for pajamas. I am a pajama addict. When my children were little I could not wait to get them bathed and in their jammies. My energy and mood switch gears once I am in my pajamas. Thoughts and concerns from the day may linger, but there is comfort in knowing that I am home, I have time to piddle around and that soon I will sleep. 

Bed time, crisp sheets and books are a luxury that is not lost on me. Crawling under the sheets never gets old. It's the ahhhhhhhhhhhhh moment of my day. 

What is not to love about evening time? 



Comments

Popular Posts