A Day Full of Ordinary Blessings

Today was a Monday.

I had a full house today as I have two family members recovering from covid. Mild cases. The omicron variant. 

In addition to it being a Monday and having a husband and a child home from work and school, it was my birthday!

I knew going into the day that it would be a different kind of a day. I had mentally prepared myself to share space, schedules and Monday routines with my own personal celebration. I didn't want my changing of age to go by the wayside, but I knew that if I set low(ish) expectations for the day I wouldn't be disappointed and I wasn't. The day was just as it should have been. It was lovely. It was filled with ordinary blessings.

I woke up early to a sweetly decorated house. Perfectly placed streamers, balloons and flowers were waiting for me to start my day. I spent some time in solitude and prayer with my morning coffee. The morning spilled into my regular routine of exercise, grocery shopping and errand running with a little trip to a new bakery to pick up a dozen cupcakes in all of my favorite flavors. A take-out lunch spent with my husband and two daughters was delicious and entertaining. I opened a few thoughtful gifts and drank an afternoon cup of coffee before heading to work for a few hours. My co-workers spoiled me with well wishes and treats and I was able to enjoy a nice conversation with my parents. 

After a full day I climbed into bed at an early(ish) hour to start working on a goal that I set for myself for this new year of my life. I want to get back to writing. And so here I am. I wrote. 

It was a day full of ordinary blessings. It was the very best kind of day.



Comments

Popular Posts