It is Friday! I am going to try and go into the weekend with no negative thoughts.

My days seem to lean into a feeling of doom and gloom lately. Instead of seeing ALL the good happening around me, I let thoughts of how much life has changed since covid-19 and how much unrest there is in the world and our country seep deep into my soul.

The election is upsetting and worrisome. But God is not worried about it.

Covid-19 and the ways it has disrupted our lives is upsetting and worrisome. But God is not worried about it.

It is Friday, and despite the troubles of the world, I have a weekend ahead of me. A weekend with my loved ones nearby. I have patio dining plans with friends this evening, fixings for a fabulous chartreuse board, a Pickle Ball court reservation and my favorite football team plays on Sunday! I mean come on! Those are awesome plans!

Yes. There are things going on in the world that need to change and need to calm down for sure. And they will. They will.

However, in the meantime, I have to remind myself to blow that gray cloud away every time it starts to float overhead! 

There is no room for gray clouds today! It is Friday!

Silver lining for the day: E has a four day weekend which makes it seem like a four day weekend for me too!


Comments

Popular Posts