Too Much

I have been breaking my own rule lately of not reading any news, emails, etc. before opening my Bible and spending some time in God's Word.

It isn't working for me. It is bringing me down and causing me to start my day feeling bitter and fearful.

It has to stop. I want the first words of my day that fill my mind to be words of hope and love. God's words.

I opened an email this morning from a neighborhood watch app that is supposed to be used for notifying neighbors goings on in the neighborhood. Lately it has been getting political.

Last night our city council ruled in favor of NOT enforcing a mask wearing law.

Someone posted the voters who ruled against the mask ordinance and encouraged us to write to the council members who voted against the ordinance and encourage them to rethink their decision in the hopes of keeping our community safer from the spread of coronavirus. This neighbor supplied names and emails and made it very easy to shoot off a quick email noting my unhappiness with their vote.

Before I had opened my Bible I spent time doing this, I did it without really thinking, in anger.

Crummy way to start the day.

I have since continued to think about it and I still think I am in agreement that masks should be mandated right known businesses. But I reacted bitterly and without much thought. My emails were quick and to the point but with a flair of not-niceness.

I can't let the pandemic and the state of our country continue to make me sad, bitter, discouraged or angry. I need to find a way to turn my feelings back to happiness, hope and peace.

It's all too much, Lord. Please help!

Amen.

Silver lining for the day: It's July 1st! And, it's gonna be a hot one! July equals summer in my mind! And summer is fun!

Comments

Popular Posts