Weekend Plans

Ella asked me yesterday what our plans are for the weekend.

I found myself flailing for an answer and feeling like I should have one.

It's Memorial Day Weekend. The summer kick-off weekend! And we've got nothing!

It's Memorial Day Weekend during a pandemic and that looks very different from holiday weekends in the past. Sadly.

I felt guilty and was scrambling to come up with when ideas of what we might do. Guilty? Why? The coronavirus isn't MY fault!

As moms I think we feel the need to entertain, make memories and to make life feel special! It can be fun most of the time to be the memory maker, I typically love it!  But sometimes it is draining. And right now, it's hard.

I pray that God continues to bless us with sweet memories of this blip in our lives and that we have continued good health! That may be enough for what we are going to do this weekend...be thankful we have a home and our health!

What are we going to do this weekend? We are going to work at staying healthy!

Silver lining for the day: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! (Until summer school starts!)


Comments

Popular Posts