Taking Control of My Mother's Day Meal

It is Friday and the beginning of Mother's Day weekend.

My gift to my own mother has been sent off, received and is waiting to be opened by her on Sunday. I am thankful that although far, my mother is alive and well and that I am still able to call on her and love her.

As for me and my Mother's Day wishes, in a typical Kari way, I have taken the matters into my own hands and designed a Mother's Day weekend/day of my liking.

Although my husband is a truly wonderful cook, he out does and exhausts himself when he sets out to make a meal. I always enjoy the fruit of his labor as his cooking never disappoints. However, the hours he spends in the kitchen, the messes he makes and the knowing of his aching back at the end of a long day of meal prepping stresses me out!

In an effort to not be stressed out on Mother's Day I took efforts into my own hands and ordered BBQ take-out from the market. Although we have to go and pick it up and reheat it when we are ready to eat, the fact that my husband will be able to relax with me all day and that my kitchen will stay clean makes up for the absence of a truly great, fresh and homemade meal.

Although being such a controlling person takes away from the spontaneity and the opportunity for my family to be creative and surprise me on special days like Mother's Day or my birthday, it also gives them the opportunity to bless me with what speaks to my heart.

Silver lining for the day: In addition to takeout BBQ I also ordered a white on white cake! White cake with white frosting is a favorite!








Comments

Popular Posts