Saturday Morning

I thought I would sleep in this morning. It's Saturday and I could have. I didn't set my alarm last night but my internal alarm went off at 5:19 AM. I did the tossing and turning and self talk asking myself "Should I or shouldn't I just get up?" And then, with the knowledge that I can nap later, I got up.

I made my bed. No going back. For now.

I have moments waiting for me in the wee hours of the morning. Moments that greet me more pleasantly in the dark and quiet of dawn.

My time with God is most enjoyed while everyone else is sleeping and all I hear is the hum of my very loud refrigerator. My first sip of morning coffee is most enjoyed alone. I get my day organized and on track before I am hit with the expectations of others. I go at a slow pace. The solitude sets a God-filled and good start to the day for me.

And naps, I can always nap later.

Silver lining for the day: It's Saturday in quarantine and we don't have a lot going on! A day to putter!

Silver lining fo the day #2: I forgot to mention that I have a new fresh hair cut and color. My trip to the hair salon yesterday was as safe as possible but I am aware that it was not without risks. We have been slightly more adventurous this week as far as being out in the world. Work, dance, hair and the house cleaner. It is time to retreat.

Comments

Popular Posts