Rest

As much as possible, I am going to allow myself to rest today.

It is Sunday, the day of rest.

I am not normally a rester. I am a sleeper or a doer.

My resting usually involves napping.

Today I have pushed myself to the backyard early. I am out here with my computer but I am poolside. It is already hot so I can't and won't be moving fast which forces a body to slow down and rest.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Kassie's birthday last night! It felt like the old days as I was busy most of the day prepping, decorating and preparing for guests (two guests - Kassie and her roommate). It was an evening full of good food and conversation! It was lovely! Jeff, Ella and I then finished watching Schitt's Creek. I am so sad that it is over. It was so good!

I am going to sign off now. Rest awaits me.

Silver lining for the day: We have patio reservations at one of our favorite local seafood restaurants this evening. It will be our first dining out experiences in almost three months.

Comments

Popular Posts