Psalm 27:1

I found myself fearful and filled with anxiety over my oldest daughter coming home to celebrate Mother's Day with me yesterday.

What?

This stinking covid-19 virus actually had me "fearful" of my child being in my home. I was worried about the possible contamination she might bring along with her. I have taken so many measures to keep my house and the three of us who live in it free from the coronavirus that I was reluctant to give up that control yesterday.

In an effort to calm my mind and soul I went looking for a Bible verse that was quick, to the point and something I could easily memorize and repeat in order to reduce my panic.

And guess what? It worked. Of course it did. God is good and He is faithful!

This is the verse I found:

"The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?" - NIV

I really liked The Message translation to:

"Light, space, zest - that's God! So with Him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing." - The Message

The only part I memorized was, "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?"

I had a lovely Mother's Day. It was perfect. Backyard sunshine, BBQ, cake and a few cards and gifts.

I can't say that we didn't speak of and about the pandemic. We definitely spoke of/practiced good hygiene. Never the less, it was an afternoon that did not feel fearful. There was laughter and smiles and that was a HUGE gift in itself! Thanks be to God!

Silver lining for the day: Sunshine today and probability of a good storm tomorrow. I love a good storm.

Comments

Popular Posts