Mother's Day Eve

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.

My mom is out of state so I wouldn't have been able to hug her anyway.

My youngest daughter lives me with me and I hug her every day.

My middle child works for an air conditioning business. He has been working throughout the quarantine (thank you, Lord!) and has been in and out of people's homes on the daily. I will not be seeing him or hugging him tomorrow.

My oldest daughter is a teacher and has been working from home. I have not had her to m home or hugged her since social distancing started but tomorrow she will come over for the first time in almost 8 weeks.

It makes me sad that I am nervous about my oldest coming over and bringing her germs and it makes me sad I won't see my son. It makes me sad that we wont be a family of five having a normal Mother's Day celebration.

It makes me sad that I have to feel concern over seeing my own child - my own flesh and blood.

It makes me sad that I have worry about the pick up procedures of the groceries we will pick up and enjoy tomorrow.

I don't drink alcohol but my husband is going out now to do curbside pickup for ingredients for margaritas and this worries me. Praying for a safe exchange of money and goods.

It is all just a little sad. And that fact that it's not going to change much in the near future is a little sad.

Silver lining for the day: I have some new house hold decor items that arrived from Target! I am excited to spruce up my house a bit with some "spring" looks!





Comments

Popular Posts