Keeping Me Tethered

I love the image of my heart being tethered to Jesus.

I imagine one end of a rope tied nicely around my heart and the other end of the rope tied around Jesus's waist.

Jesus has His feet firmly planted. He isn't going anywhere. He is well grounded and steady. Rock solid. He is my anchor.

I am flitting all about. Often times trailing off and going where the wind blows me. Sometimes I go to good places and sometimes I end up in places I should not be.

However, because I am anchored to Jesus I can't go far. He won't let me.

To be an anchor to someone means that the person can be relied on to keep a project in the right place. An individual is an "anchor" for another person by providing stability and connectedness.

During these crazy times of covid-19 and thereafter I pray that my loved ones and I always stay anchored to Jesus. How comforting to know that although we may wander or drift He will always pull us back in...if we only stay tethered.

Silver lining for the day: I am meeting a friend for coffee today. We will meet from our car windows, social distance and catch up on life!

Comments

Popular Posts