I Am Not Lying

I am not lying when I say that I have felt nudges these past few mornings to wake up and get up earlier than normal.

The first morning I had hoped to get up at 5:00 AM I heard a loud plane go over head. Not a normal occurrence. I ignored it.

The second and third mornings it was just a stirring, an awaking, that I ignored.

This morning the sprinklers went on. I rolled over and looked at the time. It was 5:30 AM. I debated taking the extra hour and fifteen minutes of sleep or getting up. I got up. I said, "OK Lord, I hear you.  I am up!"

The extra time this morning has been an unrushed and worthwhile gift. I watched it turn from dark to light.

I can see where getting up at 5:00 AM would be even better than 5:30 AM because the time went so quickly and I could have used an extra half hour of what felt like very holy time.

Jeff is up now. I can hear him preparing for his day. The house will stay quiet for another hour or so before it starts to really bustle. However, it won't be as quiet as it was form 5:30 AM to 7:00 AM.

I got a head start on Monday! We are currently a few days into the soft re-opening of our state due to covid-19. My family has vowed to remain sheltering in place for another couple of weeks while we evaluate how the reopening is going.

Monday! I've got this!

Silver lining for the day: Having friends who read/share the Bible with you!








Comments

Popular Posts