Here We Go Again

Thankfully I have loved ones to care for, chores to do, projects and an occasional fun package to look forward to each day because otherwise these days of quarantine could feel way more monotonous and redundant than they do.

I woke up this morning and truly had that Groundhog Day feeling.

Last night on a Zoom with my Bible study group I had my first true memory loss regarding what day of the week it was.

We are stretching ourselves this week a bit as far as the virus goes and our exposure to it. Jeff went into work on Monday. Tomorrow we are having our cleaning lady come after weeks of cleaning the house ourselves. On Friday, all three of us are getting haircuts. We will do everything with caution and will follow correct procedures for safety but I am nervous.

We have doctor and dentist appointments we need to follow up with as well.

My dryer is hanging on by a thread. I am not only dreading the expense but the idea of having a service man in my home installing the machine is not ideal.

The new pandemic normal is truly a new normal. This fact is very slowly seeping into my brain. The phrase "new normal" is carrying more heft to it instead of just being a trendy thing to say. I don't like the new normal.

I am on occasion experiencing frustration and resentment. Luckily the feelings pass quickly. I do take comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my feelings. It's universal.

No time to dwell on misery. I've got stuff to do! We are healthy!

Silver lining for the day: Leftover baked chicken from last night will make fantastic chicken salad for dinner tonight! Easy dinner tonight! Win!


Comments

Popular Posts