Early Morning Start To The Weekend

Jeff has been itching to get to Lowe's to purchase some plants for the year. I convinced him to get up early with me this morning so that he could be the first one in the door at 6:00 AM.

When my alarm went off at 5:00 AM I can't say that I didn't slightly regret this idea. However, now that it is 7:00 AM and Jeff has returned from Lowe's and I am chugging away at my morning coffee, chores and rituals, I have to say I am not sorry we got up early.

My plan is to make today a work day, get all the chores done and then take Sunday and Monday off. Ella has Zoom dance today and then we have a drive-by farewell at her dance studio for the graduating seniors. So while there is stuff to do and commitments to keep I figure we may as well just make it a work day!

My quitting time is 5:00 PM and I will then kick off my "weekend"! Until then, tasks, writing, exercise, grocery/prescription pick-up and enchilada making await me. It's going to be a busy day but it's going to be a good day! I am going to make it a good day! Lord, please help me make it a good day!

Silver lining for the day: I have red, white and blue decorations to set out today! I love the USA!

Comments

Popular Posts