Dread

I went to bed last night and woke up this morning with dread in my heart.

I thought I had a mammogram appointment this morning at 8:30 AM but it turns out (after calling the imaging center at 7:30 AM) that my appointment is on Wednesday at 8:30 AM.

I am a faithful mammogram getter. I go every year on time. I don't like it. But I do it.

I was experiencing a double whammy of dread thinking that not only did I have to get a mammogram, but I had to risk being in an environment outside of my home in close proximity to people thus increasing my chances of exposure to covid-19.

I know I need to break out and go about my business safely. I know that maintenance on my body must continue and that taking care of myself despite the pandemic is important. Never-the-less, a Monday, a mammogram and the coronavirus seemed like a harsh way to start the week.

I was going to do it. I was prepared to show up for my screening. Had my appointment truly been this morning, I would have been there.

However, I am glad for the delay.

Wednesday will be a MUCH better day for a mammogram!

Silver lining for the day: LOTS of leftovers in the refrigerator for dinner!


Comments

Popular Posts