An Earlier Rising Time

I am trying to persuade myself to wake up at 5:00 AM each morning.

I am currently getting up at 6:45 AM.

This would give me two hours of quiet time before my family was awake.

It would almost be like being home alone for two hours!

And it would be dark. That peaceful, quiet, dark of the very early morning. The kind of dark that my sweet Grandma Helen used to wake up to every morning.

I wouldn't be able to start laundry, vacuum or move about too much for fear of waking my sleeping family members. It would force me to be still.

The precious time would provide the kind of stillness that nurtures quiet time with God.It would give me time with pen and paper. It would give me the opportunity to gently tap on the keyboard of my computer. The computer time would not be for social media or for online shopping but to write.

I have felt nudged by God the last two mornings in a row to get up but I ignored the calling in lieu of more sleep.

Right now while we are in quarantine it is the best time to work on creating a 5:00 AM daily wake up time. I can go to bed early and I can nap.

The two hours of calm in the wee hours of the morning could be an unexpected gift.

I do believe that the hours pre-dawn are magical and spiritual.

Tomorrow. 5:00 AM. Do it, Kari! This is the time!

Silver lining for the day: I have almost crossed off everything on my TO DO list!


Comments

Popular Posts