A New Perspective

The Bible study group that I participate with each week via Zoom presented me/us with a challenge this past week. The theme was trying to see life/our life through a new perspective. We were challenged to ask for the Holy Spirit to show us new perspective, to recall things/people in our lives that we take for granted and to see them with a new perspective and last to find a way in our home to change things up and give a new perspective to the environment.

I had mentioned to Jeff several weeks ago that I might want to add some pops of blue back into our very white and gray home. He suggested that he bring out of storage a box of "blue" items that he has saved for me from my last go around with the color blue in the house. I, of course, wanted to buy new stuff and he wanted me to repurpose.

Jeff's idea was the smart and practical one. He found the box of blue stuff and left it in the garage for me.

As I contemplated how to complete the challenge regarding adding new perspective to my home I remembered the box of "blue". I had been ignoring it as I had lost my desire for changing up things.

However, the Bible study challenge gave me the opportunity to explore the contents of the box as my way of adding some new perspective to my home. Several items in the box were nothing that I wanted to reintroduce into my home but there were a few treasures and the commitment was minimal. I could bring them into the house, find a spot for them and if they didn't work there was no loss.

I pulled out the navy blue items including vases, pillows and candle sticks and scattered them around my home. I am still playing with the location of items and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't but it has been fun and has definitely given me a new way of looking at my home.  A bit of a refresh! For free!

I think the items will be seasonal (Memorial Day? Fourth of July? Summer?) but nevertheless the exercise has made me feel resourceful and I can attend my Zoom Bible study knowing that I accepted the challenge and that I have something to share with the group! I love it when my homework is done!

Silver lining for the day: A new podcast to listen to on my walk!

Comments

Popular Posts