4:56 AM

I got up before my 5:00 AM alarm went off this morning.

It is now almost 7:00 AM and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown.

It is amazing how when I am excited about something or am enjoying what I am doing, time flies by.

I woke up this morning excited about a writing exercise I am doing for the next six days. A group called Hope Writers has put out a writing challenge and it has me feeling eager and sparked. I went to bed last night thinking about the challenge and I woke up thinking about the challenge.

I have spent the early part of this morning doing my devotionals and reading in an effort to get to the Hope Writers project which involves writing a short essay based off of a one word prompt. It is amazing to me how much time my mind has spent on the word for today. Who knew so much thought could go into just one word. It makes me realize how rich words are.

The challenge is taking place on Instagram so I won't spend time here going into detail of what I am writing about. However,  if you'd like to follow me on Instagram my handle is iwillkariyou.

It is invigorating to find something to be excited about, especially right now during the pandemic. Being able to spend time writing feels hopeful. I am mostly a hobby-less person  and yet my writing is a hobby. Writing is life giving to me.

It is now 7:00 AM and I just heard my husband's alarm go off. The house will start to wake up and I will be sharing my space for the rest of the day withy family.

I am so glad that I woke up at 4:56 AM. The private time was precious.

Silver lining for the day: Nap time is on the To Do List for today!


Comments

Popular Posts