Why The Rush?

The very first day that we were asked to practice true social distancing in our county was surreal and weird.

The day seemed to lag on forever. I would look at the clock and be shocked to see how early in the day it still was and how slowly the hours were passing.

It was kind of beautiful. Life had slowed down. It had quieted down. Although there was covid-19 chaos in our country as our leaders were trying to get a handle on what was happening, it felt calm in my home.

Three weeks later I wonder where that calm has gone for me, personally?

It didn't take me long until I was in high gear and I had a plan in place. A plan that would wipe out those early dog days of social distancing.

I wake up each day with a list and a feeling of being behind if I allow myself to sleep in too late. I have stuff to do.

I do think this internal drive to accomplish and push forward will serve me well when we return to our new normal but for now it feels a bit controlled and hectic.

I am not accomplishing great organization in my closets nor am I helping my husband to get the yards in order. I am just busy doing busy work.

It's kind of too much. I want to slow it down. I want to get back to that feeling I had a few weeks ago, those early days of shelter in place when time moved slowly. It was so freeing and wonderful.

Ultimately, I want a balance!

I want to "do" but I also want to "do" without feeling a bad case of the "must dos".

Today I tackle the job of cleaning my house by myself for the for the first time in many years. I am both dreading it and looking forward to it in a strange way.

It will be a busy day...Easter preparations to take care of as well as cleaning and exercise and laundry and...and..and...and!

Maybe tomorrow the clock will move slowly. Maybe tomorrow I can get back to slowing my days. It will be Easter - renewed life and fresh starts!

Maybe tomorrow I won't rush.

Silver lining for  the day: I bought myself a new steam mop! I am excited to try it out!




Comments

Popular Posts