Preparing For A Different Kind of Easter

Easter is a big deal for me and my family.

We celebrate Jesus and His dying on the cross and His rising!

Growing up I always had a new Easter dress and a fun Easter basket waiting for me on Easter morning. There was jelly beans, family and food! It was a day to celebrate!

I have kept all of these traditions alive for my children.

This year will look different.

I most likely will not be able to celebrate with my grown children who live in their own homes.

I don't have jelly beans out in a dish for fear that germs from hands could be transmitted between family members.

I am still doing Easter baskets, but who knows how they will be delivered? Or when? My youngest will still get to look for her Easter basket but it will be lonely for her without her siblings.

I just placed our Easter menu grocery order on-line to be delivered. I have never had groceries delivered but after going to the store yesterday, I decided it would be my last visit for a couple of weeks. It seems that home delivery might be safer than going into the stores as covid-19 cases are expected to peak in the coming days.

We won't need new dresses for Easter this year as we won't be attending church service or entertaining.

It's all just a bit sad.

At this time, as I prep for Easter, I pray that my family remains healthy and that we are able to celebrate the rising of our Lord - even if the celebration looks very different this year!

Silver lining for the day: I am excited about a few of my on-line Easter basket purchases! I found some fun surprises!





Comments

Popular Posts