Monday

It is the Monday after Easter. It is the Monday after our covid-19 Easter. And, it feels like a Monday.

The morning feels a bit slower and more difficult to get moving. I almost turned off my alarm and went back to sleep but I didn't. I am now well into my second cup of coffee and I am glad I'm not still in bed.

The fact that it feels like  Monday is a good thing in my opinion. It means that there is some normalcy to the morning. During this time I really like and need my days of the week to feel like the days they are. I am not having too much trouble remembering which day of the week is it. That kind of crazy disorientation is for Christmas break, not for coronavirus social distancing. Right ow we all still have stuff to do. It is not vacation time.

That being said, the Monday after Easter is typically a school holiday and my daughter's school is still honoring it. So, there is a bit of holiday hangover in our home both from the extended holiday weekend and the excess of sweets and food we enjoyed yesterday!

It was a nice Easter. The day moved forward as planned. There were baskets, egg hunts, church services, Zooms, family photos, food deliveries to our adult children as we shared our BBQ dinner with them and attempts to clean up and look a bit more presentable than our normal quarantine daily looks.

I don't feel quite the pull to put away the Easter decorations this year. Due to all of the covid-19 crazy the spring decor went up late and because it has added a pop of brightness and fun to our home I think it will stay up for at least another week.

So, that is all. Monday must keep marching on. My aim is to start the laundry, take a walk, and join a LIVE barre class.

But first I shall finish my coffee! I may be in a Monday groove kind of way but I'll go at it a bit more slowly than normal...because I can!

Silver lining for the day: Leftovers for dinner!



Comments

Popular Posts