Home Delivery

The UPS man is at my door daily!

It's like Christmas in April! We are in the middle of a pandemic and home delivery is the safest option when and if possible.

We have a Ring doorbell and I have honestly come to feel super annoyed by the sound. I think we will have to change the ring tone after covid-19 has slowed to less of a problem.

Although I am extremely thankful for delivery services, like everything these days, there is a certain amount of anxiety behind receiving packages and when the doorbell sounds it means there is work to do.

I tend to let the packages sit for a bit longer on the porch then I should. There just isn't that much excitement behind a box with Tide detergent pods in it or a small pharmacy bag with a prescription in it. I know that by not tending to the packages right away I am tempting fate as there are the occasional cases of thieves stealing boxes from doorsteps.

In addition to the lack of enthusiasm for the contents of my deliveries, there is the hassle of how to properly handle the boxes, plastic, packaging and all that to avoid any contamination.

I probably go overboard. But in reality to date we just don't really know what is overboard or not! So, I put on gloves. I carry packages from the porch to the garage. I let the boxes sit and quarantine for a few days before opening them. Once I take items out of packaging I leave them on a table in the garage for a few days unless they are needed immediately. Like when we ran out of printer ink. We need that! One husband conducting business and one high schooler doing school...we needed that ink!

All in all home delivery services are a gift and the workers keeping it going are awesome! In good times and in hard times!

However, I miss the days of happy packages and easy carefree unpacking!

Silver lining for the day: There are new slippers waiting for me and my husband in a Zappos box on the porch right now! Our quarantine shoes!






Comments

Popular Posts