Holy Thursday During Social Distancing

Today is the beginning of a Holy Weekend for Christians everywhere. The week takes a somber turn today.

Today is the day we recognize the Last Supper and the prayerful agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Typically, in the past, this would be half-day of school and a full work day in my home.

In prior years Holy Thursday was my day to get all of the Easter errands and baskets completed before everyone was home.

Due to covid-19 today and our Easter preparation look very different from last year and from what we were assuming it would be like this year.

Everyone is home. School pick-up at noon will not mark the beginning of a long Easter weekend. There will be no running around purchasing last minute goodies for baskets or a food ingredient for a last minute dessert recipe. My Easter meal food items will be delivered to me today. I placed the order a week ago and cannot add in anything due to the high volume of orders being fulfilled.

However, although the reason for these unusual Easter circumstances is not good, there is a positive twist to it all!

Due to the coronavirus crisis there is no running around today and I can work instead towards settling into and becoming prayerful about what today looked and felt like for Jesus and His followers.

Today I have time and a less frazzled mind which is allowing me to try to get into a heartfelt shared space with Jesus.

Our temporary uncomfortableness during this time is nothing compared to what Jesus went through on this day so many years ago.


Silver lining for the day: I had to take my powder-dipped nails off...typing is so much easier and less "clicky" now!

Comments

Popular Posts