Good Friday

I just watched a Matthew Kelly video about loneliness and about how alone Jesus must have felt on Good Friday. He really was alone.

Jesus was alone in the garden in the early hours as He prayed; the disciples couldn't stay awake.

Jesus was alone when He was arrested. The disciples scattered.

Jesus was alone as He was beaten and given a cross to carry.

Jesus died on the cross alone.

As an introvert I don't often know or recognize the feeling of being alone. I enjoy my own company. However, maybe that is because it is by my own choice when and if I retreat to aloneness. If I was forced to be alone with little opportunity to mix with others I am not sure how I would like that.

I have been trying to figure out how my Good Friday and Easter weekend will/should look - what can I do to make my holiday weekend during this covid-19 quarantine more meaningful? How can it be a different kind of meaningful than in years past?

I think my answer might be to make true effort to reach out to people - especially those that I think might be lonely.

Silver lining for the day: Clean sheets on the beds tonight!


Comments

Popular Posts