Frozen

No, I am not feeling frozen.

I am not frozen in fear nor am I physically cold.

I don't feel frozen in fear despite covid-19. I am trying to remain optimistic and faithful. I won't lie, I do have moments of deep concern if I let myself go down that road. I try not to go there.

I am not physically cold. I am keeping warm these days with movement and comfortable, snuggly clothing.

So why the title "Frozen"?

Well, frozen food!

This morning I cozied up the house with the smell of frozen cinnamon rolls. Prior to the pandemic I never would have made cinnamon rolls on a Thursday at 8:00 A.M. My husband would have been off to work and my daughter would have been rushing out the door to school. Cinnamon rolls were a Sunday morning treat back then!

Lunch today will be a frozen pizza! The house will once again smell delicious at noon! Before we started practicing social distancing, we never had lunch together, even on the weekends.

Dinner tonight will be frozen ground beef with mixed vegetables and rice - a sort of beef and vegetable bowl!

Thank goodness for freezers!

Silver lining for the day: I get to nourish my people all day long!





Comments

Popular Posts