Cranky

Cranky.

I have felt cranky the past day and half.

I am not tired. I am not hungry. I am not sick.

I am just cranky.

My people feel very close and I feel lacking in privacy.

My motivation to do just about anything is low.

What can I do? There is nothing I can do other than ride out the negative mood and try not to be too nasty to my loved ones as the regret of harsh words will bring about guilt and then I will be left feeling cranky and guilty!

Some of my cranky is warranted - my daughter and I had a deal that covid-19 quarantine was not going to mean that our normal habits were going to being tossed out the window! Beds still needed to be made and rooms and bathrooms kept tidy. Today I confiscated a phone because these rules were not being followed.

Another instance where my cranky shined brightly today took place early this afternoon. I was frustrated with my husband who opened the door to the FedEx driver. He only partially opened it, as I was on him like a hawk, but it just unnerved me that he opened the door even a little bit. The FedEx driver was more than happy to leave the package on the porch and my wish would have been that we had left a note on the door or spoke through a closed door in regard to the package drop off. Overly cautious and slightly paranoid. I know.

I have just felt off the past couple of days. However, pre-coronavirus I also had cranky days. They came like waves. They ebbed and they flowed. I just have to ride out the cranky. I know that.

Cranky is a weird mood.

Silver lining for the day: Zoom Bible study tonight at 8:00 PM.





Comments

Popular Posts