A Zoom With Beth Moore

We are 100% moved out of the rental home and 100% moved into our own home.

I am sipping coffee made out of my own coffee pot and sipping it from one of my favorite mugs. The mug is from the Starbucks "You are Here" series. I love the heft and the feel of these mugs in my hands.  I have collected several sets from places we have traveled to. This morning I reached for the New York City mug and it made my heart sad. The images I am seeing of of NYC all shut down and the streets empty due to covid-19 are heartbreaking. My mug reminds me of so many happy memories I have of trips to the Big Apple. I look forward to going back. The city will indeed bustle again! In fact, we already have a trip in the books for next July!

Yesterday I was selected randomly to take part in a 40 minute Zoom meeting/gathering with Beth Moore! I adore Beth Moore and have learned more from her than any other teacher in my life!

The Zoom was the closest I have ever been to Beth and the meeting felt very intimate. I think there were 20+ women in the meeting. Beth called us out by name several times as she spoke and to hear her say my name felt so tender.

I was late to the Zoom meeting and I looked like a hot mess. If you know me, you know I am not a late person. However, I got hung up due to the flurry of tasks that were taking place as we departed the rental house and unloaded into our house. I debated whether or not I should join the meeting late or not at all. Either way felt bad - I was either going to be tardy or a flake.

Although I was late to the meeting and felt like a heel, I am so glad I showed up! I walked away from that precious session with a refreshed soul and what felt like very personal words from Beth. I felt like I heard exactly what God intended for me to hear from her.

Beth talked about how right now, today, we should be very intentional about what it is we are sowing. We should be intentional about what seeds we are planting during these days of social distancing.

Beth challenged us to think and project out to September and to imagine that the seeds we are planting now have taken root and grown...what have they grown into? Are we doing things now that are going to matter in September? She suggested that we are all fertile soil and that we are ripe for God's using.

I so want this time in my life to matter.

I want to look back in a few months and see that I used this time and my current situation well.

I want to plant some seeds, listen for God's whispers and be lead by Him - even if He can only currently lead me (physically) around my house! Grin.





Comments

Popular Posts